Warning: trim() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/customer/www/kaizercyprusagrotourism.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/hotelbooking-child-theme/functions.php on line 49
Church of Zoodochos Pigi (Inside the Village)
It was built at the end of the 19th century, between the years 1888 – 1890, on the foundations of an older church. After a strong earthquake in 1953, part of the church was destroyed. In 1956 the church was rebuilt and expanded. The church of Zoodochou Pigi is of Byzantine style and ends in […]
Church and Cave of Agios Georgios
Near the chapel of Agios Georgios which is built east of the village, on the road that leads to Agia Marina Kelokedaron, is located in an inaccessible place and at a distance of about fifty meters from the church, a cave where in the past years frescoes of Agios Georgios were noted.
It is located west of the village, opposite the Church of Zoodochos Pigi and is housed in the restored Turkish Cypriot school. The Museum exhibits tools of many traditional professions, such as the shoemaker, the horseshoe maker, the blacksmith, the beekeeper, the saddle maker, the barber, the shepherd, the farmer and the weaver. Also on […]
Photography Exhibition Area
The Photography Exhibition is located near the Folklore Museum. In this area are exhibited old black and white photos with the inhabitants of Amargeti. The photos are extremely interesting in terms of people’s daily life and activities, their manners and customs, their clothing, etc.
“Apollonas Mellanthios” Research and Studies Center
The antiquities that have been discovered in Amargetis are especially famous for the sculptures and inscriptions from the bases of statues, both in the Hellenistic and Roman eras. According to the “inscriptions-tributes” there was a temple dedicated to the god Apollo Melanthios. Important finds are today, among others, in the Metropolitan Museum of Art in […]
Routhounia & Katinous Bridge
The “bridge of Routhounia can certainly be considered one of the most beautiful sights of the village. It was built during the Frankish period on the southwest side of the community, at the site “Zimbounieris”, connecting the neighboring Eledio with Amargeti. At the same time, the bridge of Katinous is of the same era. Dense, […]
The village has its picturesqueness with the main square and the cafes, the small narrow streets and the stone houses in the core of the village. Amargeti square is something special, something you do not find in many villages. It is the meeting place of locals and expatriates, but also a relaxing, refreshing stop for […]
It has been operating since 2002, offering excellent services on a peripheral basis through programs offered by the Social Services of the Welfare Office, mainly to the elderly and the needy in the community of Amargetis and the surrounding villages of Eledio, Axylou, Pentalia and Agia Marina Kelokedaron. Elderly and other people receive food at […]
The nature path “Chouliatis” is a circular path that starts from the central square of the community. It has a total length of 5,200 meters and the duration of the hike is estimated at two and a half to three hours, while along the path there are several benches for hikers to rest. A large […]
Showing 1-10 of 14 results